Monday, June 23, 2008

picking up the text

So, today went pretty well. It wasn't horribly hot and I made it to school on time. Getting to school on time usually isn't a problem because I don't live very far from campus, but I came from Stockton. Ha. That's not really important though. Anyways. After class today I made my way to the bookstore on campus, not to buy the text for this class but to get a lab manual for my lab. I decided before I even started my walk toward the MU that I wasn't going to bother getting the book until I was officially added to the class. When I got to the quad, it was a little unsettling to see that there was hardly anyone there. I'm so used to people being sprawled out on the grass and practically pouring out of the doors to the MU onto the benches in front of the Coffee House. After I successfully located my lab manual, I thought to myself ,"Maybe I should at least look at the book." So I walked around the isles of books and tried to find it. In my search, I got distracted because I ran into a couple of friends of mine. I somehow ended up in the line to pay for my lab manual before knew it. I finally remembered that I wanted to look at the book once I was already more than half way to my next class. By then it was a little too hot to back so I kept going. I didn't get to really look through the textbook until I got some downtime at work. I found the book on google.
From the few pages that I read, the book actually seemed pretty interesting. I'm actually a little sad that I might not get into this class. To be honest, the whole blog-writing-class-thing kind of had me a little apprehensive about taking the class. It's really different, but I think it'll make the summer interesting. Count me in for anything that might make going to school for the summer "interesting". Ha. I hope I get in. I'm 5th on the wait list! Whats 5 more people? Ha.

No comments: